Thursday, June 14, 2012

is it vintage or just a rubbish photo...

Good morning everyone I hope your all well and having a fabulous week so far...I'm feeling loads better today (thank goodness for that I hear you all cry), boy have I felt sorry for myself over the last few days, I just reread my posts and what a moaning minnie I was...well hopefully that is it and I'm well on the mend...Phil came in from work last night and I could see the relief on his face bless him, I'm sure he was fed up with me too lol...I'm even going out this afternoon, out to lunch with my stunningly beautiful Daughter, no doubt I will be on handbag duty in changing rooms too while she moans at how her size 8/10 shape is too fat 'groan', I think one of my legs is that size or it was at one time lol...I'm sure she will be in need of something before her and her other half head of to Amsterdam on Monday, something she couldn't possibly go away without, we all know that feeling don't we...right now onto my card for today...now I'm not sure if its vintage looking or the photo is just rubbish in this faded light we have atm (I so miss my daylight lamp, but hopefully will get a new bulb today)...well I'm going with its vintage and I'm sticking with it lol...this is the stunningly beautiful Alisa with Roses from Mo's Digital Pencil...Mo is a genius the way she can put such movement into her images isn't she...I coloured her with distress inks and teamed her up with one of the new pads I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts (see I told you they would appear this week, this is the first second one tomorrow)...this is the stunningly beautiful Kaisercraft - Sweet Nothings 6.5"x6.5" Paper Pad (sssshhhhh on sale atm too) look at those roses, gorgeous isn't it and like all Kaisercraft pads there's 4 pages of tags and borders etc at the back, I used one of the tags behind my image and finished with a satin bow...the fab sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketches and I'm also entering it for the Truly Scrumptious challenge, its their last one too...right I better get my war paint on, I'm at the age I don't even put the bin out without mascara and lippy...whatever your up to today I hope you have a fabulous one
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - frayed burlap
dress - tattered rose, crushed olive, pumice stone
flowers - crushed olive, peeled paint, barn door, scattered straw
basket - frayed burlap

46 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

kbrandy4 said...

No Mrs, it's not rubbish it definitly looks vintage to me!! Gorgeous Mina, love the image!!
Hugs Hazel xx

Tindaloo said...

this is truly GORGEOUS! I had to get the digi right away :) Such a cute card, great coloring as always, luv the bow!

Turtle In The Sand said...

Definitely a beautiful vintage piece. I gave up on the lipstick and mascara. I have so many hot flashes, it all just runs anyway. LOL

Pamela said...

Gorgeous card Mina, so pleased you are feeling better. Have a great day with your daughter.

Pam x

Sue said...

WOW! Another stunning card Mina. The image is beautiful and I LOVE those papers and the colours you have used.
Glad to hear you are feeling better, hope you have a good day
Hugs Sue

Evil Edna said...

totally vintage.EE

Colinda said...

Such beautiful papers and so perfectly coloured!! Love it!! Today the sun desided to pay us a visit so i hope he will stay so your daugther has a lovely visit in Amsterdam!! Enjoy your day with her, Colinda

Anne said...

Glad your feeling better Mina.
Love your card too, stunning!!!
Enjoy your lunch
Anne x

tilly said...

fab papers and card, just love Mo's work. have a good day with your daughter
Tilly

Squirrel x said...

She is simply gorgeous hun, another Mina stunner. Have a fun day shopping! Hugs Sxx

cheryl said...

oh this is really beautiful Hun,and wow your colouring is just brilliant hugs Cherylxxxxxx

My'scardcorner said...

This is so pretty Mina and that backing paper goes perfectly. Enjoy your shop with your daughter it will do you good. My granddaughter is off to Amsterdam with 14 friends for her birthday this week end Oh to be a fly on the wall with that lot.lol.
Myrax

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and wonderful layout.xxx

Marie-Louise said...

Another fantastic card. Very sweet image and as always your colouring is perfect.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card and a lovely image!
Glad you're feeling better.
Enjoy your shopping trip with your daughter.

Always with a Sentiment said...

Oh how pretty Mina. So delicate and a gorgeous design.
Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Glad you are feeling better Mina! Your card is a stunner that's for sure. Have a great time with your daughter hugs Susan x

Sue said...

Morning Mina,I am so glad you are feeling better.Have a lovely day with your Daughter.
Gorgeous card and lush papers.Beautiful image and colouring.
Hugs Sue xx

rachel said...

So pretty Mina - really gorgeous image and design! Hugs rachel xx

arjette said...

OOhhh it's really beautiful!!

gr. arjette.

Tammy said...

Very pretty! The image and paper are beautiful! Glad you are feeling better, enjoy your day!

Denise said...

Hi Mina,
Glad to hear you are feeling better and I hope you enjoy your day with your daughter.
Love your card. This is such a cute image and those papers are gorgeous.
Hugs
Denise xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Mina this is so beautiful, and wow, what a gorgeous image! :)

Glad to hear you are feeling better hun :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Tinchen said...

Hallo Mina,heute führt mich mein Weg auch mal wieder auf deinen Blog und ich bin begeistert von den vielen schönen Sachen die Du hier zeigst.Es ist immer eine Freude hier vorbei zu schauen. Mach weiter so.


LG Tinchen

Elizabeth Hart said...

The face on this image and the way you colored it - so endearing - love this card!!

Carla S. said...

This is gorgeous, Mina! I love the DP and the softly colored image! So glad to hear you are feeling better! Enjoy your outing with your daughter!

Irene said...

Hi moaning Minnie, glad to read that you're kind of okay again and show us a lovely card!!

xx Irene

Kara Lynne said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend! Beautiful card, love those papers and your coloring is so soft and gorgeous! I'm so frustrated with my photos, I can't even go there!

Lau W said...

This card is beautiful, so sweet, so delicate !
Happy to ear you feel better ! :-)
xxx

Unknown said...

hiya hunnie im so pleased your feeling better and i know how you feel i re read my posts and think god i bet they say oh not again...and had the inpulse today ring my OH at work just to tell him ilove him..boy imust be feeling better..and i know he has had a lot to put up with so your phil isnt alone...made me larf about your daughters size 8 in comparrison to your leg..hahaha about he same here i reckon my ankles and wrists are a size 8 how come nothing matches them in size hehehe oh nearlly forgot your card is stunningly gorgeous as ever i must pop over and have a look love mos work and you have done it proud hugs sassyxxxx

Christine L said...

Beautiful colouring on this fabulous card Mina... Hope your shopping trip went well... And glad you're feeling better!

Hugs
Christine x

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning card,beautiful image and gorgeous papers -what not to like and I am with you about the absence of mascara lol
carol x

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, I just want to say sorry for having been such a lousy blogfriend. Haven't been round for ages; another 2 weeks working and then the summer holiday starts. phewww can't wait! I'm nackered cause it's such a busy time for us teachers, end of the schoolyear. Anyhow, I'm done complaining now, on to your card because I love it. That digi is so sweet and I love the colours! Rubbish picture or not, I love vintage LOL! Hugs, Frea

Vicky said...

Beautiful Mina...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Shazza said...

very glad you are feeling a bit better. This is a beautiful card, gorgeous image x

coops said...

so pleased you are feeling better mina and i love your card.gorgeous pretty colours and really beautiful image ;D

xx coops xx

Adriana said...

Beautiful card and coloring!

Mau xx said...

So Glad to hear you are feeling better Mina..no not because you are a moaning minnie...lol We just don't like to hear that you are poorly sick :(
Your card is gorgeous, Nothing wrong with it at all, Love the image xx
Hugs Mau XX

mags said...

A gorgeous card Mina and definitely loving the vintage feel to it. Glad you are feeling better.
Mags
x

Ann said...

Adorable Mina. Glad your feeling better.

Renee B. said...

So glad you are feeling better Mina! Your card is gorgeous...I'll go with the vintage label because it definitely isn't rubbish!!! Have a fun day shopping with your daughter...I spent Monday shopping with mine & came home exhausted!
Hugs,
Renee

Sharon said...

A really stunning image Mina and your colouring is just beautiful!

Sharon x

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card with a lovely stamp.

Nice weekend.

Hugs Astrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.nl/

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina, so glad to hear that your feeling so much better and your spending such a lovely time with your daughter. Im hoping to go and visit my middle daughter soon, Ive not seen her new home yet, and it will lovely to see my 4 grandchildren to.
A stunning and beautiful card, I love those papers they are gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Janette said...

It looks gorgeous as does all your work, so stop it, it's beautiful lady.xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...