Thursday, August 30, 2012

oh no that pink has to go...

Good morning everyone I hope your all well...well I managed to make a card but then where to photograph it, isn't it strange that you have a certain place your used to doing something but then finding a new one with the same light etc is really hard...ok one of the shelves in my new craft room would be perfect so I took them, then when I was doing this post I realised...oh no that pink on the walls so has to go, it has washed all the colours out of my image and given it a strange dirty look...never mind we live and learn don't we lol...I got my paint for the bathroom yesterday, I chose Olive Green but think that blue may need a coat of white before I even attempt it...we also needed a new toilet seat not glamorous but essential when the other is a bit icky...the young fellow in the shop got the one I wanted really huge box and heavy, would I like a bag he asked...no thanks says I...are you sure your ok carrying that to your car without a bag...then it just dawned on me the lovely young man thought I would be embarrassed carrying a toilet seat bless him...its ok I said I have long ago got past the age a toilet seat in public would worry me, well not unless I was sitting on it at the time anyway...he liked that lol...right now onto my weird coloured card for today, how super cute is this little fellow from Mo's Digital Pencil...hes called Fall Fairy Jesen...I coloured him with my distress inks and used some of this lush new pad called Studio Calico 6x6 Paper Pad - Heyday, its from Bunny Zoe's Crafts and I love that lush orange number paper don't you...I finished with a fab orange bow and pumpkin charm and a ceramic sentiment from my stash...the lush sketch is from The Sweet Stop challenge and I'm also entering it for the Simon Says Stamp challenge and Party Time Tuesday challenge too...well I'm not back in full swing with crafting yet but I will do my best so will be back tomorrow as usual...I'm off to fill holes in my bathroom wall before my first coat of paint...oh a quick question has anyone seen any of those lush flowered towels like Cath Kidson's but without the price tag, I refuse to pay a fortune for something to wipe my face on lol...whatever your up to today have a brilliant one, oh and if you see anyone carrying a toilet seat just ignore them lol
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen
wings - crushed olive, frayed burlap
outfit - crushed olive, faryed burlap
pumpkin - wild honey, spiced marmalade

27 comments:

cebelica said...

This is a very nice card. Well done you! :) That image is cute too. I like the little fella's name - it's perfect. In my language "Jesen" means "fall" (autumn). He he.

Hugs! xx

heidy said...

Fabolous cute card Mina!!!
XXX Heidy

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Love this card Mina

jacqui x

Jackie said...

Fabulous card, I love the colours, not weird at all :o)
Jackie xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fab autumn card Mina! Good luck with the painting x

Naomi Johnson said...

gorgous card! such a darling image and I love the papers. Enjoy decorating the bathroom x

My'scardcorner said...

Cute image and lovley card Mina love the charm and bet you made that young lads day over the toilet set lol Good luck with the painting.
Myrax

Unknown said...

Such a gorgous card and image. I`m loving the patterned paper, have fun with the bathroom. hugs Val xxx

Janette said...

LOL...You do say some things Mina...so funny....anyway, this card is very sweet, hope you can get a new light source for your pics sorted.xx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Mina. Absolutely gorgeous creation. Fab image and the colours are just gorgeous.
Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Christine L said...

Fabbie card Mina...... but such a shame you have to get rid of the pink walls!! Btw, did you notice your card was chosen as a Perfect Pinkie this week on our new In The Pink challenge blog????

Glad the move all went well... and can't believe you're already able to craft!

Hugs
Christine x

Sue said...

Oh Mina,you make me howl.I can just see you with that huge box.
I love your card,the image is fabulous.
Great charm too.
No I wont pay Kath Kidson Prices,lovely but hey towels !!!!!
Have a good day.
Hugs Sue xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Mina, love the cute image and fantastic colouring.

Luv CHRISSYxx

KandA said...

Fab card, super image and I love the charm. Enjoy your painting!! xx

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card Mina, 'enjoy' your painting, Jo x

Jessica said...

Gorgeous fall card Mina!

Hugss Jessica

Sandi said...

precious card, continued success to you and phil as you settle in, I have been following the move. hugs

Tammy said...

So adorable! Love the orange!

browneyegurl35 said...

the pumpkin charm is too cute. This is a cute card.

caroline said...

I love this card Mina, he is just so cute, love the papers and how you have coloured him.
caroline xx

Sonia said...

This image is so sweet Mina:) You did a fabulous card:))
Hugs,
Sonia

Kat said...

Lovely card Mina. That image is a real sweetie. I'm impressed you've just moved and manage to craft already!

Kat xx

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.he is a stunning image and i love your colours :D

xx coops xx

Kara Lynne said...

A fun little fairy, and love the colors - he's perfect the way he is. Can't wait to see the after pictures. I'll be sure to take notice of the sleek new toilet seat.

Grenouille Greetings said...

CONGRATS on the move, Mina! Your new home is going to be lovely. Great pictures! Try to be safe!
As for this card - I think it's PERFECTION! Just like it says on the tin! Hugs, Lesley

Turtle In The Sand said...

Perfection fits this card to a T! So happy you didn't try that seat out in public. LOL

Shazza said...

great card and I approve of your paint colour choice - I love all things green. Lol at the toilet seat comments
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...