Friday, December 21, 2012

the smell of Christmas...


Good morning everyone did you all enjoy the blog hop yesterday...if you didn't join in follow the links below you don't want to miss out on the chance of winning a prize now do you...I went out with my lovely Dad yesterday afternoon, we ran a few errands then spent most of the afternoon wishing people Merry Christmas and kissing people, loved it and of course we had to have our usual coffee break, hes off to my Sisters for the holidays on Saturday but I will see him to celebrate a few days after when they all arrive at our house for a feast...love that day, everyone laughing and joking, playing games and eating...brilliant...last night my wonderful Phil made some mince pies with his own special orange flavoured pastry and wow they are scrummy, so lush you don't even need cream with them (of course I had to try a few, just for quality control you know lol)...the whole house is filled with the smell of Christmas and I can still smell them this morning, tonight is his cake night when he makes his massive, boozy, magnificent Christmas cake...it never last over the holidays though when everyone gets their hands on it lol...right now onto my card for today which is using this stunning Hannah Lynn digi from Crafts and Me called Merry Mindy...isn't she fab those eyes are so beautiful...I coloured her with my usual distress inks and glittered her and the Christmas baubles just for a bit more festivity...the lush papers are from the My Mind's Eye - All is Bright 6x6 Pad which is a massive 25% off at Bunny Zoe's Crafts atm, a real bargain...I finished with a lush green ribbon bow, a holly charm and a sentiment cut from the same pad...the fab sketch is from the Totally Papercrafts challenge and I'm also entering it for the Paper Pretties challenge and the Whimsy Stamps challenge too, Im sure there was a challenge for adding a charm but I cant remember where...I'm off out for some alone shopping (sssssshhhhh don't tell him but its for stocking fillers for Phil) and some lunch with our beautiful Daughter too...whatever your up to today I hope its fun and you have a brilliant time
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen
tree - shabby shutters, crushed olive
eyes - tumbled glass
baubles - stormy sky
tail - antique linen
outfit - barn door
shading on fur - pumice stone

6 comments:

Squirrel x said...

I can't help feeling that her Christmas is somewhere warmer than here - a bikini, really?! Gorgeous card hun, love the colours. Ymmmmmmmmm, you have made me feel hungry now - any mince pies left? Have a very Merry Christmas! Hugs Sxx

My'scardcorner said...

Lovley card Mina enjoy your last minute shop Im off with my dughter tomorrow ..
Myrax

Kat said...

Gorgeous Mina, that image is amazing but she makes me feel cold lol!

Hope your shopping was successful.

Kat xx

Juls said...

fabulous!! Love all the detail!! Hugs Juls

coops said...

so stunning mina.i love this image and your colours and papers are really gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Loz said...

great card Mina. hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Thanks for playing along with Whimsy Stamps Challenge :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...