Monday, March 25, 2013

at last...


Good morning everyone at long last I can post again...I don't know if it was blogger or my connection but I could hardly get online yesterday and when I finally did about 7.30pm blogger wouldn't let me download anything...I have a sneaky suspicion that it may have had something with the work being done to the electricity connections as there are still thousands of homes with energy here still and our light kept flickering...but never mind what it was I'm back online now...amazing how much you get used to doing something isn't it...I spent most of yesterday double checking things because I was sure I had forgotten something...er....yes a post lol...Phil had to go into work yesterday and my Dad popped down for a cuppa...Dad hardly ever just pops in but we sat chatting about everything and anything...I had forgotten how easy conversations used to be before his hearing went and now its back its amazing...I'm loving it so much and he seems to want to be out and about and to speak to as many people as he can...he loves how he can now hold a real conversation with someone and has spoke to everyone he has seen since Friday...it has made so much difference to his life...in fact so much difference to us all...thank you all so so much for your wonderful comments about my Dad, he is so special and I'm so pleased I manage to show that to you all...right now onto my card for today which should have been yesterdays really but better late than never...how amazingly stunning is the dress and mask on this stunning Make it Crafty digi...she is called Christine Soprano and is wonderful to colour...I really enjoyed sitting down and colouring her with my distress inks...I teamed her up with some beautiful springlike papers from the Prima 6x6 - Tea Thyme paper pad I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts but it was ages ago and its out of stock atm...I finished with some more of these addictive butterflies from the Prima Butterflies - Divine pack which is also from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...I don't seem to be able to stop using them as they go with loads of papers and there are lots of colours in each pack...of course the gems add a little bit of sparkle don't they and you cant beat a bit of bling can you...I made the sketch up as I went along but am entering it for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, Sweet Stampin' Challenge and the Challenge 4 Everybody Challenge too...I'm cooking dinner for everyone tonight...way to go my little girl...so will be making a cottage pie and cheesecake one of our families favourite meals, I hope my lovely Dad wont find it too loud as all the chatter can get a bit over zealous lol...whatever your up to today have a fantastic one and wherever you are I hope it doesn't snow for you
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - antique linen, frayed burlap
eyes - crushed olive
dress & mask- tattered rose, crushed olive
shading - pumice stone

23 comments:

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Mina. The image is divine and love how you have coloured her with distress inks.
I bought distress inks last year and haven't had much success with them so far, Think I must be using the wrong paper.
Hugs Sharon. x

kbrandy4 said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful image Mina!!
Hugs, Hazel xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Stunning image and love the soft colours x

Chrissy said...

Stunning card Mina, gorgoeus soft colouring and the image is just devine...

Luv CHRISSYxx

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card ,love the soft colouring.
Gr Elly

My'scardcorner said...

Pretty card MIna know what you mean about blogger Ive been unable to download a crd for over a week!! Enjoy your family meal tonight I love them too but what with granddaughters working away and SIL on shifts they are hard to fix up.
Myrax

Grenouille Greetings said...

Your peach and green theme is sooooo pretty, Mina! Lovely colourwork! erfect embellishment and super papers too! This card is a real hit with me! Hugs, Lesley

Unknown said...

Lovely card Mina, the colours are beautiful. Loving the little butterflies too. Glad to hear things are going well with your Dad, I know I'd hate to not be able to hear and it must have been so frustrating for him too xx

rachel said...

great image Mina and a fabulous card - glad you're back online now xx

Dianne said...

WOW Mina, what a stunning card, the layout, fabulous,the images is gorgeous, and look how beautifully you have colored her, thanks for sharing I love it, hope you have a great day...

Carla S. said...

This is stunning, Mina! I love the papers and soft coloring!

Mojca said...

oh the image is wonderful and your card so beautiful Mina. hugs! Mojca

Sonia said...

Wonderful card my lovely friend,I adore this sweet image and the beautiful colors used^_^
Happy week,
Sonia

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

mags said...

Beautiful Mina and love those cute butterflies.
Mags
x

Chris said...

Gorgeous! Stunning image so beautifully coloured and such lovely delicate colours. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This card is utterly stunning Mina! I love the papers and the soft colours you've used to colour this beautiful image. It's so much nicer on your card, than in the bright colours on their website! Beautiful!! Hugs, Wends x

Pamela said...

Hi Mina, stunning card. Love the soft colours and the beautiful image. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin'

Pam x

coops said...

wow love this mina.really fabulous image and your colours are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

coops said...

wow love this mina.really fabulous image and your colours are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Turtle In The Sand said...

Oh she is stunning Mina. Glad to hear your Dad is enjoying our world with sound again. I know his frustration level has significantly lowered.

Dawny P said...

What a lovely card Mina. The muted colours you used are wonderful. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Challenge. Happy Spring wishes, Dawny x

Sandy said...

Just lovely and the image is so pretty and different.
Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 everybody
Sandy :) DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...